The first time Praveen performed 108 Surya Namaskaras was on 13 March, 2013 at Vadodara, Gujarat. He completed the nine cycles of Surya Namaskaras in 45 minutes. Since then, Praveen has been performing 108 Surya Namaskars every day without fail at Brahma Muhurta – before sunrise. He has performed 108 Surya Namaskaras at different locations, amid trying conditions, extreme climate and high altitude. With every performance, he keeps pushing his limits to reveal the divine benefits of this spiritual practise.
Three years into his diligent daily practise of 108 Surya Namaskaras, Praveen found himself in the midst of a group of Yoga friends who were trekking to the Manimahesh Kailash, Himachal Pradesh as pilgrimage. They were climbing the mountain peak to 4200 meters. While those he was travelling with got into the routine of medical consultation and pre-climb medication to maintain oxygen levels in the body; Praveen found himself absolutely fit and alert without any need for medication. His practise of 108 Surya Namaskaras had helped him regulate his breathing to optimum level. As this realization dawned on him, he performed 108 Surya Namaskars at such high altitude for the first time on 30th August, 2016. He completed the nine sun salutation cycles in a record time of 30 minutes. Since then, Praveen has been regularly performing 108 Surya Namaskaras at high altitudes to prove how yogic breathing practise can help achieve a seemingly impossible task. He has scaled six mountains of the world’s highest peaks, with Mera Peak being this highest for him at 6470 meters.
Praveen’s exemplary achievements of performing 108 Surya Namaskars:
- Performed 108 Sun Salutations in 25 min at Mont Blanc in France (Europe’s highest mountain) ,29th August,2018
(Altitude: 4810 meters,Temp: -5 Degrees)
- Performed 108 Sun Salutations in 25 min at Zugspitze (Top of Germany) ,2018
(Altitude: 2962 meters,Temp: 4 Degrees) 16th july, 2018
- Performed 108 Sun Salutations in 25 min at Grunten Mountain in Germany,2018(Altitude: 1783 meters,Temp: 7 Degrees) 10th july, 2018
- Trained 465 members to perform 108 Sun Salutations on the occasion of 4th International Yoga Day at Yoganiketan, Vadodara, India, 2018
Total number of S1un Salutations performed were 50,220. The training was conducted over a period of 30 days.
- Performed 108 Sun Salutations in 40 minutes at Mera Peak in Nepal, 2017
(Altitude: 6150 meters, Temp.: -7 degrees, Condition: 9.4% effective oxygen)
- Performed 108 Sun Salutations in 27 minutes at Everest base camp in Nepal, 2017
(Altitude: 5364 meters, Temp.: -15 degrees, Condition: 11% effective oxygen)
- Trained 276 members to perform 108 Sun Salutations on the occasion of 3rd International Yoga Day at Yoganiketan, Vadodara, India, 2017
Total number of sunsalutations performed were 29,808. The training was conducted over a period of 50 days.
- Performed 609 Sun Salutations in 139 minutes at Yoganiketan, Vadodara, India, 2017 (Condition: 35% humidity)
- He has published “Suryanamskar and Yogasanas - A practice manual for Students and Teachers” in 2013